17.6.07

TV Translations Online

This site is a great site for explanations of all of the Chinese used in the Firefly series. And there are plenty of others too; the Lostpedia is a site I use to check my on the fly translations from the show. One thing I haven't found though, is translations for the Chinese used on Futurama. Anybody want to help out there?

Also, I remember once considering it somewhat novel for television shows to contain more than just a snippet of othe languages, but the more I look into it and what, the more I see that it's not that uncommon. It's always a great treat just to try and figure out what it going on all of a sudden when your brain tries to process the sound and fails (or in even better cases, you swtich to a language you know). I remember hearing a commercial for Hostel II and it kept switching languages, so instinctually I focused on the previous language. Incidentally, I think it includes German, French, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, and at least one other language I don't recognize immediately, which translates to THAT WILL COST YOU. See the whole clip here. If anybody knows what the languages are, or can produce a written version of the whole thing, I'd love to see it.

0 Comentarios:

Post a Comment

<< Home