28.6.07

New Word World

I'm not a big fan of repeating content from other blogs, but there's always time for an exception. It's an interesting piece by Ben Zimmer, (which I found from Language Log, but I'm sure a couple readers might read this and not that) and it deals with getting new words into the dictionary, somewhat of a back burner hobby of mine. It was actually of signifigant interest to a teacher I had in high school, but I'm not sure how far his efforts would take him, or have taken him. While I have my own ideas, there do seem to be some forums worth investigating in the link. Incidentally, I wonder what it takes to get on a comitte for a dictionary though. Anyway, to sum up another great part of the story:

There are three words in English that end in -gry. Hungy and angry are two. What is the third?

2 Comentarios:

Blogger . . . will . . . dijó...

fungry-one who is hungry and fucking ugly.

2.7.07  
Anonymous Anonymous dijó...

You are a king among neologists.

3.7.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home