8.8.07

Graffiti Cannon

My interest in the band They Might Be Giants leads me to try and keep up with their efforts occasionally, and today I was reading a fan recap of a show from four days ago, and noticed a strange error of sorts. The user Writer61 had this to say:
Linnell asked for a do-over of the break in "Bed, Bed, Bed," saying he forgot to do something. The second time around, the graffiti cannon went off.
Now, for everyone who does not know, there is no such thing as a "Graffiti Cannon" (there are two google hits that seem like the words are actually strung together on purpose, and they are both not referring to actual objects, I imagine). TMBG does, in fact, have a confetti cannon.

My only theory is that this writer had a momentary lapse in his mind, and just wrote down a 3 syllable word ending in I, with an F and a T, and one of those has to be in a pair. I can see some vague similiarities in the words, but I really can't imagine ever confusing them or actually substituting one for the other, just for phonological (or spelling) and stress related reasons.

0 Comentarios:

Post a Comment

<< Home