17.4.07

An Apt Subject

Spam emails often play on the fact that people will see a common name, with a typical email type subject. One of my email accounts just started being spammed, after over 2 1/2 years of keeping it clean. Most of the emails look like they might be related, very often with subjects like Re:, or Sorry for taking so long to respong with the hopes that you might glaze over the fact that the name is unfamiliar, and nowadays, often quite unusual. I remember a Language Log post on this, I'll post a link if I can find it. So, the email I received (which I will not be opening as it is potentially a pandora's box of worms) was authored with a relatively uncommon name, and had no space between the middle initial and the surname. And while these can be mildly interesting, or clues to the fact that it is spam, the real spectacular part was the subject itself:
Edwardo JSalvador             Re: multifarious sophism

0 Comentarios:

Post a Comment

<< Home